« Home | Respect for the dead. » | Watching TV... » | Moo with a Yorkshire accent! » | Amorous Blankety-blank. » | Drunken Tuesday-Its not even a nice bananaThis is ... » | Newsy News... » | Things that have annoyed me today... » | Im ready, Im ready so dont stop, Im ready so dont ... » | Youre never too old for Disney (100th post woot!) » | Slowly slowly catchy monkey (it has no relivance) »

Little Freshery Peoples!

Ive been talking to my little friends, well I say little...they are 18 and Im 19 but they are younger than me so therefore are catagorized as little. They are all a lil worried about starting university bless them, and for the first time in my life I am the one who is able dispense advice.
Doesnt seem a year since I first started university...well it isnt yet which could be why lol They are all very concerned about leaving home, being in a strange place all on their own. I remember when I was first deposited in Bangor last September, it is unargueabley the lonliest moment of your life. Your mum who has looked after you all of your life is all of a sudden leaves you. Not only leaves you but leaves you where you know no one and you are in a white room that looks like a shoebox.
My main piece of advice to my little kidlets is to join a club. Then you have a little ready made group of friends outside the ones who live in your flat. I can honestly say joining Storm was the best thing I did at university, now Im not just saying that cos the powers that be (Hi Spence!) read this lol I have a lovely group of friends who I adore, 2 lovely housemates out of it (Alex we will make you join us) and more journalistic experience and trips to tesco than I ever could have hoped for :)
So there you are freshers of 2006, join the radio station ITS FUN!

Can't you just see it now - I can have a Jeremy Kyle-esque radio phone in show. People can phone in with their problems/issues/confessions and I can be all accusatory or understanding as the situation demands. People can then text in with their advice also or ring in if they've had a similar situation.

I'd play some mighty fine tunes too.

Wouldn't it be glorious.

Post a Comment